The only preserved portion of the medieval Zemun fortare the remains of the Citadel. This was a four-angled castle with a circular tower on each side, as partly seenfrom the ruins of the external walls and towers thatreach up to 2 meters high. The intermediate directions were used in the orientation of the castle. The walls are made of broken stone, coated with bricks and lime mortar. It was first mentionedas early as in the 9th century, but more often after the 12th century. In 1609, it was still standing; however,it has been in ruinssince the 18th century.
Grobljanska, Belgrade, Serbia