The Topčider Church was built from 1832 to 1834 by the masons Janja Mihailović and Nikola Djordjević, under the supervision of Živko Mihailović and Marko Bogdanović. It was commissioned by Prince Miloš as a royal church, together with the Topčider Residence. Designed as a single-nave building with a half rounded ceiling, it has a semicircular apse, two rectangular side choirs and a narthex on the western side, above which rises a Baroque two-story bell tower. The inside of the church is divided by pilasters and suspended by arches, thus splitting the naos into three bays. The stone facades were made in the spirit of traditional craftsmanship with Classicist and Baroque elements. Considering the development of Serbian religious architecture, this church illustrates the transition period from the traditional forms of construction to the European concept of architecture. The 1874 iconostasis was made by Stevan Todorović and Nikola Marković. A valuable collection of movable 18th and 19th century art works is kept in the church.
Bulevar vojvode Putnika 11, Belgrade, Serbia