The birth house of Field Marshal Stepa Stepanović, comprised of a lodge, three buildings, a yard and an orchard, is located in Kumodraž, at 1 Vrčinska Street. Born in 1856, Stepa Stepanović was a distinguished military commander, the field marshal of the Serbian and Yugoslav armies. He took part in all the wars fought by Serbia between 1876 and 1918, holding various command positions, and was also the editor of the official Military Gazette and the ‘Warrior’ magazine. He died in Čačak and was buried there in 1918. The house was probably built around 1850. In terms of construction, it belongs to the older type of Morava houses, such as were often built in the villages around Belgrade in the middle of the 19th century, so it has both architectural and ethnological value. The base is rectangular, 10x8 m in size, and it has three rooms: a ‘house’, a room and a closet. It was built using the ‘bondruck’ type of construction (wooden framings with straw filling), while the foundations were of broken stone. The four-sided roof was originally covered with wood shingles, which have been replaced by roof tiles. The house is marked by a memorial plaque.
House of Stepa Stepanovic