The Monastery of Saint Nikola was built in the age of Despot Stefan Lazarevic, in the valley of a stream called Pavlovicki Potok. It is five centuries old and was renewed twice, in the 16th and the 20th century. The monastery complex is comprised of a church, a lodge and, presumably, Despot Stefan’s summer residence to the north of the church. The village of Markovac, where Despot Stefan suddenly died in 1427, is located nearby. Above the monastery, by the road, there is a stone sarcophagus and a drinking fountain. The monastery is active and cared for by its monks.