This church was built in 1863. It was commissioned in 1860 by Prince Mihailo Obrenović and Metropolitan Mihajlo, and financed by the charitable donations of Belgrade’s residents. The church was built in the style of Romantic Architecture and modeled after the old Serbian monasteries, primarily Ravanica. The first icons were painted by Nikola Marković in 1864. Later, the painting of icons was entrusted to Steva Todorović, the greatest painter of the time, who completed this task in 1881. The church has a treasury with rich collections of icons, old books, gold items and other 19th century artifacts.
Admirala Geprata 19, Belgrade, Serbia